One of the best ways to maintain open communication with your healthcare professionals about your acromegaly diagnosis is to ask questions.
It's normal to have difficulty remembering all of the questions you wanted to ask during your visit. To help ensure you get the answers you need, keep a list of questions as well as notes about anything you may have noticed concerning your symptoms. Bring these notes with you to every office visit so that you can review them with your doctor.
Below are some common questions that many patients have and that may help you organize your own thoughts and questions.
Questions about Acromegaly
- What are some of the most common signs and symptoms of acromegaly?
- Do I have any physical signs of acromegaly?
- Do I have any metabolic signs of acromegaly?
Questions about Treatment for Acromegaly
- What are my acromegaly treatment options?
- Do I need treatment right away?
- Am I a candidate for surgery?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of treatment?
Questions about Living with Acromegaly
- How will you be monitoring my condition (i.e., pituitary tumor size, GH levels, IGF-1 levels, symptoms)?
- Should I alter my diet?
- Are there any physical activities I should avoid?
- Can you recommend any supportive resources that may help me manage my acromegaly?
- Who can I talk to about living with acromegaly?